Introducing Target: Stroke Phase II
Target: Stroke is a national quality improvement initiative focused on improving acute ischemic stroke care by reducing door-to-needle times for eligible patients being treated with tPA.
A recent study on Target: Stroke published in The Journal of the American Medical Association indicated the positive impact of the initiative:
- Participating hospitals dropped average door-to-needle times from 74 minutes to 59 minutes — a 15-minute improvement.
- Overall, the percentage of patients treated within 60 minutes increased from less than 30 percent to more than 50 percent.
- Patients treated within 60 minutes experience improved outcomes, including lower in-hospital mortality and reduced long-term disability.
Access Target: Stroke clinical tools and resources here. Click here to access the Target: Stroke Phase II Campaign Manual.
Target: Stroke Phase II Survey 2.0 Launch
On December 9, one representative at each participating Get With the Guidelines-Stroke hospital received an email with online survey link to complete the Target: Stroke Phase II Survey 2.0. The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association greatly values each Target: Stroke participating hospital’s input and the commitment to improving stroke care and outcomes. If you are planning to apply for Target: Stroke Honor Roll, Honor Roll Elite or Honor Roll Elite Plus after January 1, 2015 you must complete the online Target: Stroke Phase II Survey 2.0 prior to submitting application for approval. Please contact Mary Paulsen at Mary.Paulsen@heart.org with any questions.
If you want to view the Target: Stroke Phase II Survey 2.0, please click here.
- Target: Stroke works: Data shows the impact of Target: Stroke. It’s critical that hospitals actively participate in Target: Stroke Phase II to continue eliminating treatment delays and improving outcomes for acute ischemic stroke patients.
- You aren’t alone: Participating hospitals gain access to an extensive network of support that includes more than 1,200 other Target: Stroke hospitals.
- Gain support: The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association supports participating hospitals by providing expert consultation, clinical tools, webinars, workshops and research.
|Chiesi is proud to support the American Heart Association's Target: StrokeSM quality initiative.|