- Must be a stroke survivor
- Must be a mimimum of 18 months out from your first stroke
- Internet access and a capable computer (you will be able to test that your computer is capable prior to the workshop)
- Writing is done outside of our meeting time. Expect to be asked to write 2 pages weekly
- The workshop is comprised of four one-hour sessions held at the same day/time each week over four weeks
- No fee
Read Carol's story in the Spring 2013 issue of Stroke Connection! Read in ezine (opens in new window) | Read on web page
We've recently completed our round of workshops. If you're interested, sign up here to be notified of upcoming workshops as they're scheduled. Yes! I'm interested!
"Members of the Stroke Comeback Center used Carol's Guided Autobiography questions to write their own story. The process was therapeutic, thought provoking and inspirational. The Members found commonalities where they thought there were none. Great insight and appreciation for the progress each Member had made and motivation to keep going on their recovery journey. It was time well spent."
- Melissa S. Richman, M.S., CCC-SLP
"The workshop greatly aided my insights into how writing about my affliction(s) could benefit others who either are experiencing similar situations or could experience these situations. This medium is particularly effective if one has difficulty articulating one's feelings. No one wants to be or feel alone - survivor or caregiver."
- Bill Perrick, workshop participant